ACTION ALERT: The Ark Project: Help Gaza's Children Sail towards Freedom
November 30, 2013
On November 30, almost 200 mini-Arks will be launched in cities around the world to spotlight the inhumane conditions to which the Palestinians in Gaza -- and particularly the children -- are subjected. From North America and Europe to South Africa and Australia citizens groups will sail small boats on their lakes, rivers and swimming pools and stage community actions with symbolic mini-Arks bearing the message: "Gaza: End the silence! End the Blockade!"
Help the Children of Gaza Sail towards Freedom on Saturday November 30th
(November 29, 2013) -- "You can help brighten a dark path. Lead the way and sail with the children of Gaza towards freedom." said Heba Hayek of Gaza, a member of Gaza's Ark committee.
Your efforts will help launch almost 200 mini-Arks in order to spotlight the inhumane conditions to which the Palestinians in Gaza, and particularly the children, are subjected. Groups all over the world, from North America and Europe to South Africa and Australia will sail small boats on their lakes, rivers and swimming pools and stage community actions with symbolic mini-Arks on the same day, November 30th.
We are asking you, without delay, to:
1) Create a Mini-Ark Action in your community: Make your own Mini-Arks with your children and/or children in your community. Write a message of solidarity or write: "Gaza: End the silence! End the Blockade!" Take pictures/video, send them to us and we'll post it on online, or post it yourself at our Facebook event. We will share your images with the children of Gaza. This is a deeply symbolic act of hope that is sure to bring a smile to all involved!
2) Spread the word, join the mini-Ark Facebook event and follow this action on Twitter @GazaArk. Every person counts! Tell anybody and everybody: help us end the blockade and the silence! Invite your Facebook contacts to https://www.facebook.com/GazaArk and tweet about Gaza's Ark on Twitter, asking your followers to follow us too. Tweet and re-tweet about the Gaza Mini-Ark project using "mini #GazaArk": https://twitter.com/GazaArk .
Stay tuned for our next announcement. We want everyone who reads this plea from the children of Gaza to help them ‘sail their boats to freedom.
The mini-Arks initiative is supported by a growing number of Palestinian organizations in Gaza, including:
• Al Amal Institute for orphans
• El Wedad association
• Atfaluna association for deaf children
• Rehabilitation and development program for women
• Dr. Haider abed el Shafi Center for Training
• Society and Family development association
• For Palestine children ( Atfal Palestine)
• Al Qalaa center for training and development
• Oxygen Youth Group
• Talk youth group
• Zahrat E-Tfoola
• National agency for family care
• Afaq Jadeeda (New Horizons)
• Palestinian Women’s Union (PWU)
More background info at www.GazaArk.org/faq or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Kids in Gaza Spread their Message of Freedom
Megan Iorio and Robert Naiman / Just Foreign Policy
(November 29, 2013) -- Tomorrow, November 30, hundreds of Palestinian children will gather in the port of Gaza to launch nearly two hundred "mini arks" -- small model boats with sails -- into the sea to challenge the Israeli blockade. As part of this action, we are working with Gaza's Ark to launch a Twitter campaign at 4PM Gaza time on Nov 30 (9AM Eastern/6AM Pacific) to help spread the word, including photos, videos, and press about the children's effort.
Here are two ways you can participate:
Join our Thunderclap. When you sign on to our campaign, Thunderclap will automatically tweet on your behalf at 9AM ET/6AM PT. Simply go to the following link, click on the button to support with Twitter, but please DO NOT use the hashtag in your personal tweets OR spread the word about the campaign via Twitter until AFTER the start time:
This is the message that will be tweeted:
I support the hundreds of #GazaKids launching mini arks into the sea today to challenge the Israeli blockade
If you don't have Twitter, you can also support the campaign through Facebook. Also note that Thunderclap does not retain access to your Twitter or Facebook data beyond the one message at the designated time.
Be on Twitter at 9AM ET/6AM PT to participate in the Twitter storm. After the Thunderclap tweets go out at 9AM ET, join us on Twitter using the hashtag #GazaKids to help spread photos, videos, press, and personal messages about the event and the blockade.
If enough people are tweeting at the same time, we can get the hashtag to trend, which will help raise awareness about the children's plight.
A few tips:
i. Tweet as many times as you can on hashtag #GazaKids between 9AM ET and 10AM ET.
ii. Do not use any other hashtag in your tweets besides #GazaKids.
iii. RT's do not count for trending, so if you see a tweet you like, copy and paste it.
iv. We have a webpage with tweet and media resources that will be accessible a few hours before the start time: http://tinyurl.com/lg9ql3k