Environmentalists Against War
Home | Say NO! To War | Action! | Information | Media Center | Who We Are

 

 

Escalation Nation: Trump Orders Military Advisers to Prepare Plans to Hit North Korea


April 14, 2017
Chris Hughes / MSN.com & Jason Ditz / AntiWar.com

Donald Trump has ordered his military advisers to be ready with a list of options to smash North Korea's nuclear threat. One of the advisers, Lieutenant General H. R. McMaster, confirmed his Commander-in-Chief has made the order as a US carrier strike group heads for the region. It is believed that among the options are combined special forces raids and pre-emptive missile strikes.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-orders-military-advisers-to-prepare-plans-to-hit-north-korea/ar-BBzFeKt?li=AAavLaF&ocid=spartandhp

Trump Orders Military Advisers to
Prepare Plans to Hit North Korea

Chris Hughes / MSN.com

(April 13, 2017) – Donald Trump has ordered his military advisers to be ready with a list of options to smash North Korea's nuclear threat. One of the advisers, Lieutenant General H. R. McMaster, confirmed his Commander-in-Chief has made the order as a US carrier strike group heads for the region.

It is believed that among the options are combined special forces raids and pre-emptive missile strikes.

One of the problems facing an American-led operation to hit Pyongyang's leader Kim Jong-Un is the intricate tunnel network under the capital.

War-planners have had difficulty mapping out the subterranean complex and believe there are hundreds of underground artillery and airplane sites.

McMaster described the decision to redeploy the USS Carl Vinson to the Sea of Japan as 'prudent' given North Korea's 'pattern of provocative behavior.'

Speaking to Fox News, McMaster said: "It's prudent to do it, isn't it?

"Presidents before and President Trump agreed that that is unacceptable, that what must happen is the denuclearisation of the peninsula. The president has asked [us] to be prepared to give us a full range of options to remove that threat."

The news comes after Trump launched cruise missiles against Assad in Syria last week, the first time the US has directly targeted the regime during the conflict.

North Korea denounced Trump's attack as an act of 'intolerable aggression' and one that justified 'a million times over' its push toward a nuclear deterrent.



NBC: US May Attack North Korea
If They Anticipate a Nuclear Test

Jason Ditz / AntiWar.com

(April 13, 2017) -- While the United States and North Korea go through annual tit-for-tat rhetoric escalations this time of year pretty much annually, this year's tensions are through the roof, and there is growing reason to believe that the Trump Administration may be about to attack North Korea outright, launching a major military conflict.

The Trump Administration had been threatening to "take care of" the North Korea problem for weeks now, and today is to the point where officials told NBC News that the US is prepared to attack North Korea if they even think North Korea is about to conduct another nuclear weapons test.

That's a huge escalation, made doubly so because there is actually reason to believe that North Korea is about to conduct another nuclear weapons test. This would be their sixth test, with the previous five showing signs of increasing capability.

Some officials appear to be disputing the report of the US planning such an attack, however, saying that there was no truth in it.

North Korean nuclear tests were previously followed by angry condemnations and threats of more sanctions. That's kept the Korean War, which began in 1950, from ever really ending, as North Korean offers to negotiate a settlement have been spurned by US officials for years.

Attacking North Korea outright would be something else entirely, and with a US carrier strike group speeding toward the Korean Peninsula, other nations like Russia are expressing growing concern that's a realistic possibility. If it does happen,, the consequences would be calamitous.

North Korea has been very blunt in their responses to the possibility of a potential attack, insisting they would carry out retaliatory nuclear strikes against US bases in the region, particularly those in South Korea. US officials doubted North Korea's capability of actually carrying out such a move.

But the White House would be trying to call a very dangerous bluff by attacking and just betting North Korea doesn't have deliverable nuclear warheads yet. To make matters even worse, North Korea is known to have a massive conventional missile arsenal, which would certainly be in play if the US attacks.

Even before North Korea had a nuclear program, that conventional arsenal was widely feared for having the capability of not only inflicting massive damage and casualties on US bases in South Korea, but having the potential to do devastating amounts of damage to densely populated South Korean cities like Seoul.

In the meantime, President Trump continues to hype the idea that he can "deal with" North Korea whenever he chooses, and having condemned the idea of diplomacy out of hand, seems to be squaring up for a military confrontation, irrespective of the consequences.

Posted in accordance with Title 17, Section 107, US Code, for noncommercial, educational purposes.

back

 

 

Stay Connected
Sign up to receive our weekly updates. We promise not to sell, trade or give away your email address.
Email Address:
Full Name:
 

 

Search Environmentalists Against War website

 

Home | Say NO! To War | Action! | Information | Media Center | Who We Are