Invitation: First International Conference Against US/NATO Military Bases November 16-18, 2018
June 30, 2018
No to NATO Bases.org
The increasingly aggressive and expansionist actions of US/NATO forces in violation of international law and the sovereign rights of all nations, have created crises that, unless checked by popular opposition, can lead to unimaginable catastrophe and war. None of us can stop this madness alone from within our national borders. The global peace forces must come together, mobilizing the millions in our countries, and around the world, for peace. We must unite for peace!
First International Conference Against US/NATO Military Bases
November 16-18, 2018, Dublin, Ireland
No to NATO Bases.org
(June 29, 3018) -- Dear Friends of Peace Around the World:
We are deeply concerned, and frightened, by the threat of war that permeates the present Global atmosphere.
The increasingly aggressive and expansionist actions of US/NATO forces in violation of international law and the sovereign rights of all nations, the raging wars in the Middle East, the burgeoning arms race devastating the national treasuries, the bellicose language replacing diplomatic negotiations, the economic crises facing country after country, and the destruction of the global environment through war and unfettered exploitation, and their impact on public health, have all created crises that, unless checked by popular opposition, can lead to unimaginable catastrophe and war.
None of us can stop this madness alone from within our national borders. The global peace forces must come together, mobilizing the millions in our countries, and around the world, for peace. We cannot, and should not, allow our possible differences on other issues to separate us. WE MUST UNITE FOR PEACE!
On the basis of our shared understanding, we have initiated a Global Campaign Against US/NATO Military Bases, and are inviting you and your organization, recognized as a voice of your people for peace and national sovereignty, to join this new Global Campaign by signing our Global Unity Statement. It is our sincere hope that you will accept this invitation and join in our global effort to oppose all forms of war and aggression against sovereign nations.
ACTION: To join the Global Campaign Against US/NATO Military Bases, please sign our Global Unity Statement by clicking HERE.
As the first step toward launching our Global Campaign, we will be holding our first International Conference Against US/NATO Military Bases on November 16-18, 2018, in Dublin, Ireland, hosted by the Peace and Neutrality Alliance (PANA).
It is our sincere hope that you will help us in mobilizing the maximum level of participation in this International Conference. Additional details for the Conference, including registration and the Conference program, will be announced shortly.
As you are well aware, organizing such a broad-based International Conference requires a great amount of human and financial resources, especially since we are trying to invite experts from across the globe to make presentations.
For updated information on the Conference, or to make a financial contribution, please visit our web site at: NoUSNATOBases.org. You can also contact us via email at: contact@NoUSNATOBases.org.
Looking forward to your support and participation.
Yours in Peace,
Peace and Neutrality Alliance (PANA), Ireland
Roger Cole, President
Ed Horgan, International Secretary
John Lannon, Member of the National Executive
Coalition Against US Foreign Military Bases, USA
Bahman Azad (Coordinator), US Peace Council
Ajamu Baraka, Black Alliance for Peace
Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK
Leah Bolger, World BEYOND War
Bernadette Ellorin, BAYAN-USA
Sara Flounders, International Action Center
Bruce Gagnon, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
Tarak Kauff, Veterans For Peace
Joe Lombardo, United National Antiwar Coalition
Alfred L. Marder, US Peace Council
Kevin Martin, Peace Action
Nancy Price, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom -- US Section
Alice Slater, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
David Swanson, World BEYOND War
Ann Wright, Veterans For Peace, CODEPINK
Kevin Zeese, Popular Resistance
* World Peace Council (WPC)
* Movimiento Cubano por la Paz y la Soberania de los Pueblos (MOVPAZ) -- (Cuba)
* Centro Brasileiro de Solidariedade aos Povos e Luta pela Paz (CEBRAPAZ) -- (Brazil)
* Stop the War Coalition -- (UK)
* Okinawa Peace Action Center -- (Japan)
* Japan Peace Committee -- (Japan)
* Gangjeong International Team -- (Jeju, South Korea)
* Conselho Português para a Paz e Cooperação -- (Potugal)
* Belgrade Forum for a World of Equals -- (Serbia)
* Peace Committee of Turkey -- (Turkey)
* Cyprus Peace Council -- (Cyprus)
* Environmentalists Against War – (USA)
* Greek Committee for International Detente and Peace (EEDYE) -- (Greece)
* Philippine Peace & Solidarity Council (PPSC) -- (Philippines)
* Foro Contra la Guerra Imperialista y la OTAN -- (Spain)
* Palestinian Committee for Peace and Solidarity -- (Palestine)
* Canadian Peace Congress -- (Canada)
* Lebanese Peace Council -- (Lebanon)
* Peace and Solidarity Committee in Israel -- (Israel)
* Czech Peace Movement -- (Czech Republic)
* South African Peace Initiative -- (South Africa)
* German Peace Council -- (Germany)
* All India Peace and Solidarity Organization -- (India)
* Nepal Peace & Solidarity Council -- (Nepal)
* Swiss Peace Movement -- (Switzerland)
* British Peace Assembly -- (Britain)
* International Action for Liberation (INTAL) -- (Belgium)
* International League of Peoples Struggle -- (Netherlands)
* Comitato Contro La Guerra Milano (CCLGM) -- (Italy)
* Jamaica Peace Council -- (Jamaica)