Environmentalists Against War
Home | Say NO! To War | Action! | Information | Media Center | Who We Are

 

 

ACTION ALERT: Don't Let US Get Away With Murder


April 26, 2010
Rethink Afghanistan

On February 12, US and allied special forces attacked a baby shower in Gardez, Afghanistan, killing two local officials and two pregnant women. Instead of getting immediate medical treatment, reports indicate that the special forces focused on destroying evidence of their crime, going so far as to dig the bullets out of the bodies. Sign the petition demanding an independent UN investigation of this atrocity.

http://www.facebook.com/rethinkafghanistan?v=app_10531514314

≤b>•Watch the Video:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=614474106909&ref=mf

(April 25, 2010) -- On Feb. 12, US and allied special forces attacked what turned out to be a baby shower in Afghanistan, killing two local officials and three women, two of them pregnant. Instead of getting immediate medical treatment for those civilians who were not killed instantly, reports indicate that the special forces personnel focused on destroying evidence of their crime, going so far as to dig the bullets out of the bodies.

We can't let them get away with a cover-up.

Sign the petition calling for an independent UN-led investigation.

Recently we released a video exposing a devastatingly gruesome night raid. US and allied special forces in Afghanistan murdered 2 civilian men, 2 pregnant women and a teenage girl in Gardez. They then tried to hide their crime!

NATO smeared Times journalist Jerome Starkey when he initially reported this story. But through our independent contacts in Afghanistan we knew his report was true.

Our video defending Starkey received more than 180,000 impressions, which helped the story get featured on The Huffington Post’s front page, MSNBC, CNN and C-SPAN. We successfully elevating this story and NATO’s ISAF was held accountable. On April 4, they admitted to killing all of the innocent victims, including the pregnant women.

Please donate to allow us to continue exposing the truth.

Here is our latest video featuring an exclusive interview with, Mr. Mohammed a survivor of this incident. I got the chance to speak with Mr. Mohammed on the phone and he was describing the horrific night his family and relatives were murdered. He said he wants an investigation. Together we can help him by demanding an investigation and providing resources to make sure more of these stories are told.

There are over 1,200 comments on Huffington Post discussing this video and I would like to share some of them with you:

“It's incidents like civilian deaths that recruit terrorists. How hard is that to understand? I initially supported the war, but after hearing reports like this, I'm not sure.”

“I have tried to have patience with the President and his administration but they are disappointing so many of us on so many levels that it's becoming increasingly difficult to remain a supporter.”

“This is disturbing. Quite frankly, unacceptable. If we do not have the capability or the sound intelligence to know the enemy from the innocent, leave now.”

By utilizing our exclusive contacts in Afghanistan, we have the ability to expose these atrocities. We are changing hearts and minds. But our work is not done. We need your support to continue reporting truth from Afghanistan.

Thank you for your help.

Robert Greenwald and the Brave New Foundation Team

Sign the Petition
http://www.facebook.com/rethinkafghanistan?v=app_10531514314

Demand a UN Investigation of the Military Cover-Up of the Civilian Killings

After weeks of lying about the incident, US and allied forces under General McChrystal’s command have finally admitted that Special Operations units killed three innocent Afghan women, two of them pregnant, in a raid on a civilian household in February.

Now it appears that Special Ops personnel may have dug bullets from bodies to cover their tracks and prevent the truth from being revealed. And yet, the forces under McChrystal’s command propose to investigate themselves.

This is unacceptable. We demand an independent, United-Nations-led investigation of the Pentagon’s cover-up of the night raid killings in Gardez and real accountability for those involved.

back

 

 

Stay Connected
Sign up to receive our weekly updates. We promise not to sell, trade or give away your email address.
Email Address:
Full Name:
 

 

Search Environmentalists Against War website

 

Home | Say NO! To War | Action! | Information | Media Center | Who We Are